September 24, 2019 | 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM EDT
Embassy Suites - 710 Monroe Ave NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, US
Organized by UL, the Furniture Industry Summit is a one day event for key stakeholders in the commercial furniture industry.
UL works with key customers and stakeholders to identify and address product safety challenges. Together, we have developed solutions that meet needs of the industry and maintain the same level of safety required in standards. We want to expand the level of cooperation by meeting with representatives of the commercial furniture industry to discuss new challenges and collaborate to find solutions.
The summit will include overview sessions on major standard requirements for safety for chemical and emissions, including the San Francisco flame retardants ban for electrical components, and panel discussion sessions for stakeholders to discuss standard development and standard harmonization.
Outcomes of the Furniture Industry Summit are:
- Gain an understanding of the direction of current and future commercial furniture products
- Identify critical safety needs and industry concerns
- Provide direction to align UL safety standards and certification programs with the needs of the marketplace
- Identify other ways that UL can assist the industry further
- Define a channel for stakeholders to communicate issues and concerns regarding the ongoing development of safety requirements for commercial furniture products
Invitees to the summit include representatives of all facets of the commercial furniture industry (components through end products), industry associations, representatives from authorities, users and product specifiers.
UL has secured a rate of $175 per night with the Embassy Suites Grand Rapids Downtown. Once a reservation is placed any changes should be made directly with the hotel. This rate is available until August 31, 2019. After this date the rate is subject to change and availability will not be guaranteed.
For reservation, please use the online link http://bit.ly/2XNYCHH