Exporting Pressure Equipment to Europe
Interested in gaining market access to Europe for pressure equipment? Register for our webinar series for an introductory look at the Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) and then take a deeper dive to demystifying a PED technical File.
- Thursday, September 24 | 10 a.m. CDT
A Snapshot of the Pressure Equipment Directive
- Tuesday, September 29 | 10 a.m. CDT
Demystifying a PED Technical File
Thursday, September 24, 2020 | 10 a.m. (CDT)
Compliance to the Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) is mandatory for pressure equipment manufacturers to market products within the European Union. Join UL experts for an overview of PED and learn how combining overlapping requirements in one project can result in UL, cUL and PED certification to streamline market access. This reduces overall certification costs while maximizing access to North American and European markets.
This webinar will help you answer the following questions:
- What is the scope of the PED?
- What type of products does it cover?
- How do I select a risk category?
- What is the PED certification process?
- What are the potential barriers and solutions?
Tuesday, September 29, 2020 | 10 a.m. (CDT)
In order to gain authorization to apply the CE Mark, Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) manufacturers are usually required to collect all applicable information related to the pressure equipment and submit to the Notified Body. Compiling an effective databook and providing the correct technical information can involve rework and thus be a complex and daunting task.
Join this webinar to help get clarity on the following questions:
- What is a technical file or databook?
- What information should a technical file contain?
- When is a design technical file applicable?
- When is a manufacturing technical file applicable?
- What is an appropriate format for a technical file?