AM Metal Powder is Within Spec, But Will it Build?
Understanding how powder can influence additive manufacturing processing and final material properties
We will introduce the techniques used to measure the key powder properties, and discuss their pros and cons in the context of AM. A short case study will demonstrate how effective powder testing can be used as part of root cause analysis in AM, which could save time and expense.
In collaboration with
What does a metal powder specification really tell you?
- Introduction to powder testing
- Why it's important to understand AM from the perspective of the powder
- What to test for and how to test -- shape, size, chemistry
- Typical outputs of testing; what it tells you and what it does not tell you
- In-house testing and validation of metal powder for AM process control