Non-Electrical Equipment for Use in Hazardous Locations - An Introduction
New Standards have been published recently for non-electrical equipment for use in potentially explosive atmospheres.
The requirements in the Standards address the mechanical ignition hazards associated with such equipment and provide guidance on mitigation. However, the approach to evaluating and certifying non-electrical equipment differs from the traditional method used for electrical equipment.
- Overview of the scope and applicability of the non-electrical standards
- Explain the methodology of evaluating non-electrical equipment
- Discuss ignition sources
- Introduce the Ignition Hazard Assessment Report
- Introduce protective measures and techniques
- Understand the Markings for non-electrical equipment