UL Seminar - Designing for Compliance to IEC 62368-1 2nd Edition
September 25 – 26, 2018 | UL facility in Ballerup, Copenhagen
Safety standards for consumer electronic products over the next two years will be shifting from prescriptive rules to a new hazard-based concept that emphasizes safety design in the early product development phase.
This interactive course helps current ITE and Audio Video manufacturers gain the expertise they need to develop and design according to the new requirements listed in the international IEC 62368-1 Standard and corresponding standard for North America, UL/CSA 62368-1.
The course is comprised of two separate training modules: an eLearning component and an instructor-led session. The eLearning component covers the basics of the standard and is completed in advance, enabling participants to maximize their in-class time with our UL expert. The instructor-led session digs deeper into the detailed technical content and features progressive knowledge checks and engaging interaction to help learners reinforce and apply the new concepts.
A final assessment is provided that requires participants to complete a detailed case scenario on their own and then review their solutions in class.
Course Framework & Learning Objectives:
- Explain the purpose of the Standard and how it is used
- Explain the Objective of Clause 0 - Introduction to Principles of Safety and provide an overview
- Describe the highlights of Clause 4 - General Requirements
- Explain how to classify the various types of energy sources addressed by the Standard, prescribe safeguards against those energy sources and verify that construction is in compliance with the applicable requirements
- Identify the tests and testing guidelines defined in the Standard necessary to verify that safeguard design is adequate
- Explain the importance of Markings and Instructions and why they are relevant to the safety of the equipment
- Describe the certification process
- Event Location:
UL International Demko A/S, Ballerup (Copenhagen)
Borupvang 5A, 2750 Ballerup, Denmark
- Date: September 25 – 26, 2018
- Duration: 16 hours (including lunch and breaks)
- Cost: 840 EUR