UL TECHNICAL SEMINAR:
UNDERSTANDING THE GLOBAL CHALLENGES OF RESPONSIBLE SOURCING WITHIN THE JEWELRY INDUSTRY
- Responsible sourcing lens via prominent cases against companies over the last 20 years
- Main drivers in responsible sourcing --- managing business risk, realizing efficiencies, creating sustainable products
- Existing frameworks: EICC-GeSI Conflict Free Smelter Program, RJC, LBMA, DMCC, DDI, IRMA
- New scenario in 2017 for gem responsible sourcing
- What to expect from a third-party audit
Please join us for refreshments in the Foyer after the seminar. Participation in this seminar is free of charge for visitors and exhibitors of Vicenzaoro fair. Limited seats available.
Responsible Sourcing Program Manager of UL Consumer and Retails Services
Daphne is a qualified lawyer who leads law and international standards research efforts in support of UL’s social and environmental auditing services for over 100 countries. With her legal background and expertise in responsible sourcing laws and international standards, Daphne provides focused advisory services to clients, particularly in the areas of labor practices and human rights and raw materials traceability. She is also responsible for the development and execution of customized client research projects in the realm of responsible sourcing.